Turtl is a software startup based in Spitalfields, London, with a unique product that helps marketers and other communication professionals create beautiful content with ease and track in detail how people engage with it. Turtl is growing fast, and we’re proud to include Cisco, The Economist and Bloomberg in our roster of clients.
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Marketing Communications Executive to join our team.
What you will be doing …
You will be the lead communicator and distributor of content and campaign information at Turtl. This will involve synthesising content that we create to develop succinct messaging that resonates with a variety of different audiences (both internal and external).
To be effective in this role, you will need to be able to locate external audiences through list building and perform outreach to industry bodies and media partners, forging robust relationships that will help us to create new business opportunities.
Key responsibilities …
- Manage the Turtl content calendar;
- Develop prospect lists for direct outreach and to be incorporated into marketing campaigns;
- Raise internal awareness of new marketing activities and materials, distilling new content into key messages and positioning statements that can be used by sales, customer success and other teams;
- Develop strong relationships with other teams at Turtl, understanding their needs and challenges and enabling you to provide them with the most pertinent and relevant content at the right time;
- Identify and build positive relationships with media outlets, bloggers, communities and industry associations to support Turtl’s strategy;
- Conduct regular and ongoing correspondence and relationship-building efforts with key influencers;
- Proactively manage information flows through press releases, blogs and other outbound activities in collaboration with your marketing colleagues;
- Increase visibility of Turtl’s subject matter experts through speaking and editorial opportunities;
- Manage participation in relevant industry awards programs;
- Highlight topics and talking points that we should incorporate into our content plan and speaking engagements to help us get picked up by industry publications;
- Measure the impact of your activities and report back to the business.
The skills and qualities you will need for this include …
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a strong collaborator
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to tailor the communication style to the audience and situation
- Message and story development experience
- Experience in public relations and communications
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Network of relevant industry media contacts a big advantage
- Ability to cultivate new relationships and nourish existing ones
- Creative and innovative
- Analytical (capable of analysing results and trends)
- Experience working with CRM, ideally HubSpot
More about Turtl
The digital world is a noisy place where we all produce and consume content, all the time. It has never been easier for a business to send a message, but never harder to make it memorable.
Most content marketing tools provide a bigger megaphone. They help businesses fight noise with more noise. At Turtl, we have a different belief. We prefer thoughtful communication, rather than loud. Few lasting messages, rather than many transient ones.
We build authoring tools that let our customers create beautiful, premium content. Publishing tools that prevent mistakes that would hurt their reach. And crucially, we help our customers understand the experience of each reader so they can create more relevant and meaningful content over time.
Turtl’s mission is to be a different kind of medium. One that invites readers to slow down and immerse themselves. One that allows them to disconnect from the endless stream of information and enjoy the experience of reading online.
We would be ideal for you if you …
- Want to work in an ambitious early stage business with big-name clients
- Like to be judged on output, not time spent at your desk
- Want to be part of a close-knit team with no room for BS or politics
- Like the idea of having some skin in the game
- Love getting under the skin of a market to understand its challenges and opportunities
- Live and breathe the problem and solution you are marketing
- Love to collaborate and get input from other functions
- Are excited by the idea of starting with a (relatively) blank slate
If this sounds interesting, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .