Turtl is a software startup based in Spitalfields, London, with a unique product that helps marketers and other communication professionals create beautiful content with ease and track in detail how people engage with it. Turtl is growing fast, and we’re proud to include Cisco, The Economist and Bloomberg in our roster of clients.
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic External Communications Manager to join our team.
Click to read External Communications Manager | Turtl
What you will be doing …
Your role is to make Turtl famous. You will be responsible for executing Turtl’s external communications strategy, driving media results through compelling stories and creative brand activations. In this role you will collaborate closely with the marketing team to ensure the pull-through of brand strategies and messaging in the market.
Key responsibilities …
- Create and execute the strategic annual PR plan
- Act as the main point of contact for media in the market
- Build and maintain the black book of media contacts that you will use across industry press, publications, industry associations and bloggers/influencers
- Secure regular meetings with editors/influencers to raise Turtl’s profile within the industry
- Secure contributions from influencers to Turtl’s body of content – including The Splash, quartlery digital magazine.
- Increase visibility of Turtl’s subject matter experts through speaking and editorial opportunities
- Proactively pitch Turtl news and stories within the market
- Manage the development and maintenance of press kit materials, including press releases, fact sheets and bios
- Prepare briefing materials and messaging/positioning documents for executive team members in preparation for media interviews
- Measure results of PR campaigns/programs in alignment with the overall Turtl marketing strategy
- Oversee the prompt uploading of press releases to market media
- Oversee the promotion of “The Splash”
- Collaborate with Social Media Executive to ensure external communication plans are in alignment
- Manage the Turtl content calendar
- Manage participation in relevant industry awards programs
- Organise media events and functions and provide support at other Turtl events where necessary
- Identify topics and talking points that we should incorporate into our content plan
- Support Head of Marketing in other ad hoc marketing activities as appropriate
The skills and qualities you will need for this include …
- Minimum 5 years of public relations and marketing communications experience, preferable within the technology sector
- Experience and ability to manage interests and demands of multiple stakeholders
- Event management experience
- Experience managing budgets
- Clear communicator with solid writing and messaging skills
- Message and story development experience
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong media contacts within market (technology/marketing/professional services/finance)
- Ability to cultivate new relationships and nourish existing ones
- Creative thinker with an eye for detail
- Analytical (capable of analysing results and trends)
- Strategic thinker and strong leadership skills
- Strong team player
- Experience in using Hubspot or other CRMs advantageous
More about Turtl
The digital world is a noisy place where we all produce and consume content, all the time. It has never been easier for a business to send a message, but never harder to make it memorable.
Most content marketing tools provide a bigger megaphone. They help businesses fight noise with more noise. At Turtl, we have a different belief. We prefer thoughtful communication, rather than loud. Few lasting messages, rather than many transient ones.
We build authoring tools that let our customers create beautiful, premium content. Publishing tools that prevent mistakes that would hurt their reach. And crucially, we help our customers understand the experience of each reader so they can create more relevant and meaningful content over time.
Turtl’s mission is to be a different kind of medium. One that invites readers to slow down and immerse themselves. One that allows them to disconnect from the endless stream of information and enjoy the experience of reading online.
We would be ideal for you if you …
- Want to work in an ambitious early stage business with big-name clients
- Like to be judged on output, not time spent at your desk
- Want to be part of a close-knit team with no room for BS or politics
- Like the idea of having some skin in the game
- Love getting under the skin of a market to understand its challenges and opportunities
- Live and breathe the problem and solution you are marketing
- Love to collaborate and get input from other functions
- Are excited by the idea of starting with a (relatively) blank slate
Interested? Please email Karla with your CV and a short note about why you think you’d be a great fit for Turtl.