Turtl is a growing London-based startup that develops and sells a SaaS marketing software product to large enterprise customers such as Cisco, The Economist, and Bloomberg.
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Junior Designer to join our team.
More about Turtl
The digital world is a noisy place where we all produce and consume content, all the time. It has never been easier for a business to send a message, but never harder to make it memorable.
Most content marketing tools provide a bigger megaphone. They help businesses fight noise with more noise. At Turtl, we have a different belief. We prefer thoughtful communication, rather than loud. Few lasting messages, rather than many transient ones.
We build authoring tools that let our customers create beautiful, premium content. Publishing tools that prevent mistakes that would hurt their reach. And crucially, we help our customers understand the experience of each reader so they can create more relevant and meaningful content over time.
Turtl’s mission is to be a different kind of medium. One that invites readers to slow down and immerse themselves. One that allows them to disconnect from the endless stream of information and enjoy the experience of reading online.
What you will be doing…
- Interpreting the brand guidelines of large enterprises (e.g. Cisco, Bloomberg, The Economist) to design bespoke templates and colour schemes for use in our product
- Working alongside developers to ensure final templates match your designs and iterate where necessary
- Using finished templates to create content pieces to demonstrate the full quality and versatility of the templates
- Continually seeking to push the boundaries of what our templating system can offer
- Suggesting new product features to allow for more variety and quality of templates
The skills and qualities you will need for this include…
- The ability to interpret brand guidelines accurately
- An appreciation of how a templated design system works and can be expanded
- Skilled with Illustrator / InDesign or similar
- Be an absolute stickler for detail!
- A strong interest in the appearance and functionality of software products
- A strong interest in online communication
- Basic CSS / HTML knowledge a plus
- Understanding of responsive digital design
- In short you should have an absolute love of design, be pedantic about hitting brand guidelines spot on, and be comfortable pushing the limits of our offering for the benefit of our customers
We would be ideal for you if you…
- Want to work in an ambitious startup with big-name clients
- Like to be judged on output, not time spent at your desk
- Want to be part of a close-knit team with no room for bs or politics
- Like the idea of having some skin in the game
- Are fanatical about making our users wildly successful through your work
If this sounds interesting, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org